Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Be Grateful

I decided I needed a little extra spiritual boost in the day and have picked up my old book "Way to Be" by Gordon B Hinckley. I figured it'd be just what I need, nothing too heavy or hard to understand after putting Niko to bed. Today was the first night and boy what a blessing.

The first chapter is called BE GRATEFUL. Reading it made me think of Niko. The chapter kept talking about saying thank you for everything. I'm lucky to have a little boy who does this all by himself. We don't have to tell him to say thank you, he will say it for every small thing and you can hear that he really means it in his voice! I need to be more like him! A few things from the book that I liked were:

"Gratitude creates the most wonderful feeling."

"The habit of saying thank you is the mark of a cultivated mind."

"Your very attitude toward life can be evidence of whether or not you are truly grateful for life, for the blessings you have, for the comforts and privileges and opportunities you enjoy, for the talents you have been given, for everything."

It is so true. After reading I was thinking about all the things I'm so happy for in life and it put me at peace. I for once totally forgot about my long list of "why me?!" 's and found peace in how truly blessed I am. What a great feeling to have before bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment