Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Comparing the two little ones

So I can't believe it, but this pregnancy is moving along so fast! I'm 14 weeks now and officially out of the first trimester! It's interesting how different these 2 pregnancies have already been, and we would be thoroughly surprised if this one wasn't a girl! However, the thought of a girl has started scaring both Johnny and I! We both know how to take care of crazy boys, but.....dolls? And.....make up? Yikes! Well, we'll see! Here's comparing the two pregnancies so far: (and sorry this is boring, it's mostly for me to remember)

NAUSEA
Niko: I started getting sick with him 3wks along in the pregnancy and was so sick! It lasted until about 17-18 weeks and really wiped me out. A good day for me was if I threw up only once in a day.

Baby 2: I had one week I felt nauseated, and only threw up once because of the smells down the hall. My neighbor is always cooking yummy food, that smells great, but I can't stand the smell of meat with this pregnancy and when taking out the trash one day I just couldn't hold it in after walking past our neighbor's door and had to run back inside!

WEIGHT GAIN
Niko: First trimester I lost a ton of weight which worried the doctors since then I was tiny already. I dropped past the 100lb marker with him and it was very scary and so stressful.

Baby 2: At my first appt (8wks)I'd already gained 2 lbs, but I haven't gained any since even though you wouldn't believe it looking at the size of my belly!

THE PEE DEPARTMENT:
Niko: I've heard people complain about having to pee a ton, but not with Niko.

Baby 2: HOLY COW!!!! I'm peeing constantly! It's actually kind of ridiculous, but I always need to!

SHOWING?
Niko: Not even close, I could tell but that's it.

Baby 2: I've got a bump, and it's quite noticeable. Actually, you'd have to be blind to not see that thing. And it's up really high, Niko was lower.

ACNE
Niko: Niko was a doll and actually made my acne go away and made my face clear up perfectly.

Baby 2: This time acne has flared up so much! Ugh, one more thing I have to deal with!

FOOD CRAVINGS
Niko: Not really. One time, I really craved mac n cheese with Niko, but that was only for a few days.

Baby 2: Not really and not yet. One week I craved my pasta salad, and I ate pasta salad for breakfast lunch and dinner until my huge batch was gone.

OTHER SYMPTOMS:
Niko: I got tons of infections in the first trimester. I got 4 in the first 13 weeks and that was awful. I also got super super emotional.

Baby 2: I had 3 wks of extreme tiredness. I could not make it through the day without a nap. Chest dept grew and hurts a lot, with Niko this didn't happen til 3rd trimester right at the end. I also get headaches quite a bit, which I never usually get and never got with Niko.

No comments:

Post a Comment