Monday, February 21, 2011

Date-Fail

So I was so excited today because I had a date planned. My very first date! Our very first official mommy & niko date. I hadn't been to Twizl Berry yet (self serve frozen yogurt)and decided it'd be so fun to go, just Niko and I on a planned trip to get some for both of us. Fun right? I mean what child doesn't like sweets? I made my bowl with cake batter frozen yogurt and chocolate. Niko's had chocolate, cookies n cream and colorful sprinkles. We went to sit down and Niko did not sit at that table longer than 5 seconds. Nope. He in fact didn't want the yogurt at all. He kept scrunching his nose and saying "no, no, no." He discovered the self serve water that was at his perfect height and he thought it was cool. The lady gave him a cup to fill, and he filled that cup..........and let it overflow. I kept pulling him back to the table, but no luck. He just kept getting up and playing with the water. Then the melt down came. He threw himself on the floor and screamed. Of course everyone HAD to watch, probably because the walls amplified the cries. We made a nice quick exit and instead Niko and I had a cool down drive where I ate my frozen yogurt and he got his composure and enjoyed a nice drive around town. I had been so excited about this date and even brought my camera to get pictures of us, but I'm afraid I'll have to wait for an "official" first mommy and niko date.

No comments:

Post a Comment